Is your website working FOR you?
Contrary to popular belief, a website is not just about looking nice. Don’t get me wrong, an aesthetically pleasing, easy to use, responsive website is important… BUT… a website is a selling tool. In the online world it’s your best selling tool. Your website is your 24/7 sales person.
In saying that, if you were to hire a sales person for your business, what tools and information would you arm them with to go out into the world and sell for you?
Probably something along the lines of:
- product details and dimensions
- service inclusions and upgrades
- who benefits from your offering
- how they use or get the most from your offering
- who usually buys from your business
- why people buy from your business
- questions/problems customers may encounter and how to solve them
- how to buy from you
- delivery information
- terms and conditions of sale
- selling KPIs and performance analysis
All wrapped up in a branded bow of course 😉
Your website should do exactly the same. And more.
Your website is one of the only places online that your business can express and promote itself on your terms. It’s a place that you, as the business owner, control. A place where you aren’t fighting algorithms or praying for someone to open and see your message. Your website is all about your business and should be at the core of your marketing strategy.
Your website should be the hub to which all of your other content channels, like Facebook, direct traffic.
If you have great content – publish or store it on your website.
If you have sales landing pages – make them on your website.
If you have an email list – send your audience to read or see content on your website.
If you are running online ads – send people to your website (or back to your website with remarketing).
If you are building an online presence – promote using your website.
Then you can let your website do the talking and selling for you.
Suddenly you have a sales tool that is working for you and not the other way around.
If you have to be constantly chasing and posting on social media, creating a library full of opt-ins, or blogging blogging blogging…all without results… then it’s time to make a change.
So how exactly do you go about making your website your online selling machine?
- Assess your website for selling “flaws” by using the list above as a starting point for filling in the missing pieces.
- Build a solid online presence redirecting customers to your website.
- Make it really clear how customers can engage your business.
- Learn some SEO basics and build them into your website.
- Track your progress, website activity and customer engagement.
- Get advice on how you can best utilise your website and drive more traffic.
It’s time to build a website that works for you and not the other way around.
Turn your website into a 24/7 sales machine. Today.
Strategic Optimisation + Growth consultant for lean start-ups and change-making entrepreneurs enabling them to grow their business in a sustainable and profitable way. My super-powers are business optimisation, CX, SEO, and leveraging data insights for business growth. #fuelledbycoffee